1. Improve Digestion: Lemon plum contains dietary fiber, which works wonders for your digestive system. Fiber regulates the bowel movement and puts an end to your constipation and bloating woes. It also prevents colon cancer.
2. Boost Immunity: A strong immunity is very important for a healthy and disease-free life. Munching on a lemon plum helps boost immunity. It is a storehouse of Vitamin C, which protects you from the cold, flu and other infections. It helps eliminate damage causing free radicals from the body. Lemon plums enhance cell growth and aid the healing of wounds.
3. Rich In Antioxidants: Antioxidants are extremely essential for maintaining the vitality of a human body. Lemon plum is also a rich source of Vitamin A, which acts as an antioxidant. It helps to make your skin soft and supple and reduces any signs of macular degeneration. Also, antioxidants play a vital role in flushing out the harmful free radicals from the body.
4. Aid Weight Loss: Lemon plums are fibre-rich fruits that have a low-calorie count and a high nutritional value. It helps in losing and maintaining body weight. If losing those stubborn pounds is your resolution this year, you must gorge on lemon plums. It will make you feel full and prevent you from bingeing on unhealthy snacks.
5. Promote Cardiovascular Health: Lemon plums are a must-have for maintaining your heart health. In fact, they contain antioxidants that prevent oxidation of cholesterol. It reduces the threat of heart attacks and strokes. The fiber content in plums also helps fight cholesterol.
6. Fight Anti-Ageing: Lemon plum is a super food for your skin. It helps fight dark spots and blemishes. It also has skin-tightening benefits and reduce wrinkles and other signs of ageing. Drinking lemon plum juice will rejuvenate your skin and leave you looking fresh and young!
7. Improve Eye Health: Lemon plums improve your vision. Eating it every day will help keep your eyes healthy for a very long time, even when you are old. In fact, it may help you say goodbye to your eyeglasses soon!
9. Reduce Dandruff: Lemon plums can also effectively eradicate dandruff from your hair. It contains Vitamin C, which promotes the growth of hair follicles and helps in treating an itchy and flaky scalp. Forget expensive salon treatments and shampoos and binge on the juicy fruit to put an end to your dandruff problems.
10. Prevent Critical Diseases: Last but not the least, lemon plum helps protect you from deadly diseases like cancer. It also inhibits tumours from developing in your body. It is a natural remedy for rheumatoid arthritis and asthma.
March 11, 2015