|Photo source: onegoodthingbyjillee.com|
1. It saves you money on electricity/gas since you only use your own kinetic energy (muscles) and the power of the sun and wind.
2. It is gentler on your clothing. Where do you think lint comes from? Lint is clothing fibers that have come off from a combination of heat and friction.
3. The clothes come out cleaner. I know you probably won’t believe me until you try it yourself; but my whites are whiter, and stains are less noticeable (probably a mixture of the sun and being able to see which clothes need a little extra attention).
4. You don’t need as much laundry detergent or water.
5. Laundry detergent is more effectively rinsed out – I use to line dry after using the washing machine, with the same homemade powdered laundry detergent, and they dried harder than when hand washing, due to soap residue. With washing clothes by hand I can tell when the rinse water is running clear, making sure the majority of detergent has been removed.
7. You don’t need to buy as many clothes; you only need 3 pairs if you wash every other day. I know, you are shocked a woman is saying this, but trust me, I love to shop just as much as the next person, but I love spending my money on higher priorities like paying bills, eating at a gourmet restaurant, buying organic food, and taking a vacation. Try satisfying your shopping addiction with window shopping (don’t bring the cards, cash, or checkbook), filling your clothing board on pinterest, or creating new outfits out of the clothes you already own.
8. You get a quick arm workout.
9. The sun’s solar rays a natural sanitizer.
Source: Cleaning Out the Clutter
By Krista Davis, May 30, 2013