|Sunrise at Angkor Wat, Cambodia|
Too many people today are stuck in the past, or dwell on the future. Both of these just waste your time, not letting you live in the moment. Whether you’ve been through a difficult time or see the past as “the good old’ days”, this article shows you how to just move on in general.
1. Motivate yourself to quit looking back. The only way to move forward is to face forward.
2. Think about your road of life. If you’re always looking in the rear-view mirror, do you know where you’re going on a curvy road?
3. Know that ‘better things’ are ahead, even if the precise nature of these things is hard to predict.
4. Don’t be discouraged. Sometimes, people will shove you out, or you will somehow be forced out of that past. That’s the door of the past slamming in your face telling you desperately to move on.
1. Stop and think. Can you really control the future?
2. Nothing happens by accident. Also worded as “everything happens for a reason.” So why should you doubt? What happens, happens.
3. That bigger and better door isn’t ready for you to burst through just yet. Don’t be the child taking on the adult. You haven’t grown in the present all the way.
Enjoy it! There’s only going to be one day like the one you are living today. Each day is precious, and as you grow, time just goes faster. You never know when you will pass away, so live each day to the fullest.